Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stuff Happening

I must say, trying to get myself more organised around my blog and working in my studio, I am really finding a regular blog posting time is very helpful. I am working on heaps of 'stuff' at the moment, but I still cannot show too much just yet! A little hand piecing (which takes a long time, but oh so wonderful to do)...

 Kaffe shots and stripes...yum!

 A pleasing pile of pretty pink pipsqueak hexagons....

Lovely Liberty of London fabric

And while I'm doing all this hand work I am really really enjoying watching a TV show called A Place to Call Home. Is anyone else enjoying this show? I purchased the dvd of the first series at the end of last year and watched it through twice I was so hooked. Now the second season is here, and I can't get enough of it (though the ads in between kill me)! Such a great Australian drama set in a country spot in NSW back in the 1950's. Plenty of great drama, acting and storylines. Let me know if you are watching it too.


I will be back on Sunday with a few more improv quilt blocks, and soon, I will get the finished quilt out there somewhere for a photo so I can show how I quilted it. In the meantime I couldn't resist posting another autumn photo (I know, we are now 4 days into winter eek)...loving all the yellow on this leaf found on the walking track. xo

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love those stripes. I've blog organized...now if I can only get my sewing space under control. One of my favorite books/movies is Thornbirds. Thanks for the tip on this series.

Patchwork and Play said...

Looks like life is good! Hand stitching is very relaxing, especially if we don't have deadlines to met! Your Liberty hexies are very cute! I am also working with Liberty tonight....

Nedra said...

I'm so happy to see you working with Kaffes :) and I haven't heard of that show. I will check it out. As you are heading into winter, we are reaching the hot temps of summer here in Arizona, and I have to hibernate indoors. Good DVD's and quilting help!

Frances Leate said...

Great stripes and I am also a fan of "A Place to call Home" and own the DVD of series 1 and am totally frustrated that I have missed most of the second series so far when away but will buy the DVD as soon as I see it up here in the Far North. Take care.

audrey said...

Those hexies are gorgeous! Looks like you are very busy.:)

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

I really enjoyed A Place to Call Home when it screened in New Zealand last year. It's a great series and I learnt a lot about life in the 1950s.

Susie said...

So productive again as usual. I adore those kaffe shot cottons, and Liberty of course.

Schulz Family said...

I love a place to call home. Took me a while to get into it but I am now hooked!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm drawn to the Kaffe shots and stripes and hand piecing. Yours is so pretty Cathy. And there can never be too many Liverty hexies in my opinion.

Carla said...

Oooo hand piecing, looks wonderful.pretty hexies

Amanda said...

I really loved the first season of A Place to Call Home, but kinda didn't like where it was going at the end so decided not to watch it this season. Love those little hexies. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to down the track.

PatchworkRose said...

I just ordered the DVD from fishpond :-) thanks I love watching something while sewing. Love your liberty hexies. They are gorgeous. Those stripes look great too. Cheers Lynne

pandchintz said...

Stunning leaf! I've taped all of this season so far so I can whiz through the ads - far too many!!

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks like you are a busy bee! I haven't heard of this drama. I'll look to see if we have it in the US. I love a good series.

Anna Cassie said...

Hi Cathy. I'm so glad you are back blogging regularly again as I LOVE your blog. I've enjoyed everything you have osted for some years so its great to have you back. I loved A Place to Call Home. Very much looking forward to the next season, great storylines, wonderful Australian scenery and outstanding costuming.

Adele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adele said...

Absolutely love A Place to Call Home..... sadly I think it has been axed. Devastated. It's such a good Australian show. Sorry to give you that bad news :(
Love those colourful hexies!